Click HERE to view the registered teams.
The Penticton Open is The Beach Tour's signature stop in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. This 2-Star event takes place at Skaha Beach in the south end of the city overlooking beautiful Skaha Lake.
Please be sure to read our Extreme Heat Policy.
Please see the difference between Heat Stroke and Heat Exhaustion.
*Subject to change depending on new provincial restrictions*
The schedule will be posted on-site at the beach.
Click HERE for Registered teams.
1st place - Mend/Krause
2nd place - Donovan/Kosmerly
3rd place - Rod/Smit
1st place - Kaufmanis/Birker
2nd place - Olivieri/Worsely
3rd place - Wolf/Jones
Prize Money (for 2-Star event only):
$2500 total purse ($1250 per Gender)
1st - $720
2nd - $360
3rd - $170
- Draws will be posted at the beach for the morning of the event. All teams should arrive at the beach ready to play and attend our players meeting to start the day
- 2-Star events (formerly called Pro events) will consist of AAA and AA divisions and 1-Star events (formerly called Am events) will consist of A and B divisions
- Placement into each division (AAA or AA / A or B) will be based on participation points. Once in a division, teams will be re-ranked based on average finish. Participation points are as follows:
• AAA (1st-16th) 16
• AA (17th and lower) 16
• A (1st-16th) 16
- Please note that AAA players are not permitted to participate in 1-Star events, no matter who their partner is
- Once in a division, teams will be re-seeded based on the following criteria:
• Total ranking points (average finishes) from the last year (2021) and the current year (2022). In the case of a tie, more weight will be placed on the most recent event
• Subjective seeding by the Volleyball BC Players Committee. Volleyball BC reserves the right to make final decisions on seeding
- Partners can be changed until the Wednesday 12:00 p.m. prior the event. To change your partner, please update your team name online.
- After the partner change deadline, it will cost $25 to change your partner and an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a partner switch with the following information:
• Reason for switch
• Original partner name (first and last)
• New partner name (first and last)
- Email address of new partner
- Phone number of new partner
- Teams may withdraw prior to the Monday 12:00 p.m. (noon) registration deadline minus a $25 admin fee Notification of cancellation must be sent to email@example.com with the following information:
• Name of both teammates (first and last)
• Tournament date
• Name for the refund cheque and mailing address
- If a team requests a refund because they were bumped to an amateur event, they will not be charged the admin fee
Teams must register by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the previous Friday
before a tournament. This is a strict deadline.
July 14-16, 2023